MILITARY-TRAINED INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILY MEMBERS
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
In compliance with Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 83 of the 2018 Regular Session of the Louisiana Legislature, we are providing information regarding licensure as a Distributor of Legend Drugs or Legend Devices.
The LOUISIANA BOARD OF DRUG AND DEVICE DISTRIBUTORS (Board) is a licensing and regulatory agency under the Louisiana Department of Health, Office of the Secretary, Licensing Boards. The Board is charged with the responsibility to safeguard life and health and to promote the public welfare by licensure and regulation of any entity engaged in the distribution of legend drugs or legend devices within or into the state of Louisiana.
This website provides information regarding distribution of legend drugs and legend devices.
- Distribution is the sale or facilitation of delivery of legend drugs or legend devices to entities other than the consumer/patient. This includes, but is not limited to, distribution by manufactures, repackagers, own-label distributors, jobbers, third-party logistics providers, retail pharmacy warehouses, pharmacies, brokers, agents, and wholesale distributors.
- Legend drugs or legend devices are any drugs and devices intended for use by humans that carry on its label a restrictive legend (statement) such as “Caution: Federal law prohibits dispensing without a prescription.”, “Rx”, “Rx only”, a designation for physician use only, or a statement that federal law restricts the device to sale by or on the order of a licensed health care practitioner.
This website contains further information for licensure as a distributor of legend drugs or legend devices including:
- State statutes and Board promulgated regulations – Stats & Regs link at left of webpage,
- Licensure application form, criminal history records (background) check forms, and inspection/policy and procedure guidelines – Applications link at left of webpage,
- Annual license renewals- Renewals link at left of webpage.
Please contact the Board office if you have any questions regarding licensure as a distributor of legend drugs or devices.
LOUISIANA BOARD OF DRUG AND DEVICE DISTRIBUTORS
Email at Admin@Lsbwdd.org
Phone- 225-295-8567 Fax- 225-295-8568
12091 Bricksome Avenue, Suite B, Baton Rouge, LA 70816